Integrity Real Estate Group
Buying in Northern Virginia
Whether you are moving up, moving on, buying your first home, or an investment property, real estate purchases are major financial investments. There is a wealth of information available online. There are signs on every street corner, and even on grocery carts and order dividers, all designed to draw your attention. At Integrity most of our business is by referral from satisfied clients. You will not see our signs unless they are in front of a listing for sale, a “SOLD” property, or open house.
Today there are online lenders willing to give you “immediate” loan approval and “rebates” for your loyalty that sound good on the surface. All of this “information” is great, but when it comes to your financial future who you decide to trust is critical. As a buyer, finding the best possible rate determines your monthly cash flow and directly impacts your quality of life. Finding the right credible lender and rate also puts you in a strong position when competing with other buyers for a property (often the case here). When you work with an Integrity Buyer Agent their focus is on one thing – finding the right property for you at the best possible rate.
Understanding Buyer Brokerage
Virginia State Law requires that all licensed real estate agents disclose in writing who they represent in real estate transactions. Agents can legally, with written disclosure, represent both the buyer and seller in the same transaction. As our standard business practice, Integrity agents believe that doing so presents unavoidable conflicts of interest and therefore represent only one party in each transaction. When we work for you, we work only for you and your interests.
What We Do For You – A Customized Plan
- Help you define and clarify your priorities
- Help you decide what you can afford
- Educate you on the financial aspects of buying and how your decision will impact you going forward
- Assist you in finding the best mortgage loan for your personal situation, and in getting you “pre-approved” for a loan by a major, qualified lender — before you begin your home search, giving you a “position of power” in the buying negotiation
- Help you define your geographic home search by providing appropriate resources to assist you in your decision making process
- Evaluate specific properties by providing all necessary information you need to determine true market value and what price you should offer for the property
- Show you as many properties as you need to see to make the right buying decision
- Prepare all contracts and forms needed for the purchase, in compliance with all state and federal legal requirements
- Suggest and recommend contract contingencies to protect you and your interests
- Insure that you have a complete understanding of all forms and documents necessary for the purchase, – before you commit to them
- Negotiate the purchase transaction to obtain the most favorable price and terms for you
- Assist you in finding an ASHI – Certified Home Inspector to inspect the home prior to purchase
- Attend your home inspection to document any issues that need to be addressed with the seller
- Negotiate any home inspection items to be addressed
- Monitor the “back-end” issues to insure that settlement will take place as scheduled and that there are “no surprises” at settlement
- Attend the final “walk-through” of the property prior to settlement, as well as the final settlement to represent your interests and insure that the settlement transaction is completed
- Remain available to you, your friends, family and colleagues as your personal real estate consultant for issues like refinancing, remodeling and buying investment properties